Re: Making "upstream" tarballs available

On 8/31/07, Toshio Kuratomi <a badger gmail com> wrote:

We can add the  recommendation but we can't eliminate the "SRPM is
canonical" language as long as people still want the SRPM to be the
canonical location.  To remove the exception, you'll have to talk to the
devs involved to see whether they're against moving into hosted.fp.o.

If everyone wants to we'd be happy to get rid of the exception :-)

Makes sense to me to say CVS+lookaside is canonical, not SRPMs.