"heads-up" page for rawhide?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Dec 2 00:04:31 UTC 2007

Chris Weyl <cweyl <at> alumni.drew.edu> writes:
> Do we already have a "major updates/changes" page for rawhid/F-9?

The ones I know about:
* X11 breakage: AFAIK the worst of that has already been passed, but our X.Org
X11 maintainers probably know more about this than I do.
* KDE 4: we're working on this right now (first builds already started). If
you're using KDE, expect some short-term breakage and chaos. On the other hand,
you'll have the privilege of being able to try out the cool new KDE 4
desktop. :-) If you're using some KDE apps under another desktop, they should
continue to work with no noticeable changes, but there's the possibility of
some accidental temporary breakage due to the transition (mainly the
kdelibs->kdelibs3 and kdelibs4->kdelibs changes).
* the usual soname bumps: we have soname bumps for openldap and openssl
announced for Monday.

        Kevin Kofler