Fedora x86_64 rawhide rebuild in mock status 2007-12-01

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Sun Dec 2 16:21:51 UTC 2007

Matt Domsch wrote:
> This is a full top-to-bottom rebuild of rawhide using mock 0.8.10
> running on 7 Fedora 8 builders.  The rpmdiff results have been
> enhanced to ignore dist tag mismatches, so every package now has an
> rpmdiff comparsison against it's corresponding binary RPM in rawhide,
> even if the dist tag has changed to .fc9 in this rebuild.

First, let me stress how much I appreciate this effort, its a great service, I
always check these to make sure all my 180 packages keep building, so that when
its time for a mass rebuild I have a relatively easy job.

With that said, could you please fix your scripts to do something smart when
the build fails in such a way that there are no relevant results?

These 5 have an almost emtpy build.log:
http://linux.dell.com/files/fedora/FixBuildRequires/mock-results-core/x86_64/maniadrive-1.2-4.fc8.src.rpm/result/build.log
http://linux.dell.com/files/fedora/FixBuildRequires/mock-results-core/x86_64/TnL-071111-1.fc9.src.rpm/result/build.log
http://linux.dell.com/files/fedora/FixBuildRequires/mock-results-core/x86_64/raidem-0.3.1-7.fc8.src.rpm/result/build.log
http://linux.dell.com/files/fedora/FixBuildRequires/mock-results-core/x86_64/scorched3d-41.1-1.fc9.src.rpm/result/build.log
http://linux.dell.com/files/fedora/FixBuildRequires/mock-results-core/x86_64/sdljava-0.9.1-6.fc9.src.rpm/result/build.log

They have in common that there seem to have been 2 attempts, one with an older
version and one with the version linked to above, the builds with the older
version have a completely empty result dir.

Also interesting is bolzplatz2006, that is in your list of packages which
failed to build, but it is not listed here:
http://linux.dell.com/files/fedora/FixBuildRequires/mock-results-core/x86_64/

Most likely this is due to a race condition in your scripts, bolzplatz got
added to rawhide around the time you did the rebuilts (and it built fine).

Thanks & Regards,

Hans