[Fedora-legal-list] DJB's software components

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sun Dec 2 18:21:51 UTC 2007

On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 03:04:00 -0500
bernie at codewiz.org (Bernardo Innocenti) wrote:

> Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
>
> > And the answer is that we are fine to pick these up. Hold lifted.
>
> Nice!  Is anyone working on packaging qmail already?

I have a set of qmail src.rpms that I was thinking of polishing off and
submitting. I'm not sure how many people really are interested in it at
this point though...

qmail has some pretty bad behavior for a modern MTA, like not having
ability to reject invalid recipients at SMTP time and instead
generating a bounce message for each.

I suppose if no one beats me to it I could submit my packages so they
are available for anyone interested in them.

kevin