firefox vs epiphany

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Sun Dec 2 21:41:01 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-12-02 at 20:55 +0100, Louis E Garcia II wrote:
> What is the reasoning for making firefox the default instead of epiphany
> for the gnome desktop? Does epiphany lack certain features?
>
> -Thanks

I believe that as epiphany requires firefox it is saner to have firefox
as default. This could however IMHO change once the epiphany will be
built against xulrunner. IMHO, if it will be smaller than firefox, as in
how much MB will it need, we should use it at least in the desktop live
spin.

At least for me the only functionality it lacks is absence of sane
session saving (you need to killall epiphany to make it remember the
session).

Martin