firefox vs epiphany

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Mon Dec 3 04:57:06 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 05:38 +0100, David Nielsen wrote:
> I use Epiphany, it does what I need without looking out of place, it
> integrates nicely and it launches much faster. It lacks a few things but
> it also leverages a lot of nice features (seemless integration with
> GNOME, adopts theme, icons. Has more consistent translations which don't
> break with version upgrades) and it has a powerful plugin system so we
> can expand it in interesting ways.

Epiphany can't seem to block cookies like Galeon can. I have it set so
it accepts session cookies, but blocks all long term cookies. This keeps
most sites functional. From there I can easily white list sites that I
*want* to be able to store cookies with a single click, i.e. all the
sites I actually log in to.

Keeps my disk untainted by doubleclick bugs and whatnot, while not
hurting usability on the sites I actually use. And I'm not constantly
nagged about accepting cookies.

Galeon is clearly the superior browser. I demand it be made default! I
AM THE COMMUNITY!