mock 0.8.9

Paulo Cavalcanti promac at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 08:45:23 UTC 2007

On Dec 3, 2007 4:11 AM, Michael E Brown <Michael_E_Brown at dell.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 02, 2007 at 07:22:22PM -0200, Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> > I am trying to use mock 0.8.
> >
> > Executing a simple man mock, gives me:
> >
> > SYNTAX
> >        mock  [options] --rebuild SRPM [SRPM...]
> >
> >        mock  [options] --chroot <cmd>
> >
> >        mock  [options] {--init|clean|shell}
> >
> >        mock  [options] --installdeps {SRPM|RPM}
> >
> >        mock  [options] --install PACKAGE

> > In fact,
> >
> > mock -r fedora-8-i386 --init
> >
> > does not work at all. It must be:
> >
> > mock -r fedora-8-i386 init
> >
> > Therefore, I think that an update for man mock (0.8.9) is in order,
> right?
> > It was this way in mock 0.7.
>
> This was something I overlooked and it is fixed in 0.8.10 already, which
> should be making its way to testing repos.

Thanks. I filed a bug report anyway.

Just a curiosity, what is the reason for the change?
mock is written in python, and it would have been simpler
to parse the arguments keeping the "--".

Another thing is that in version 0.7 I could open a mock shell
and check the installed rpms or install an rpm (rpm -ivh). If I try this
in version 0.8 I get an error. I know I can use mock install outside
the mock shell, but via shell should still work in my opinion.

Finally, how do I pass an argument for building via mock,

--define or --with something?

Thanks.

--
Paulo Roma Cavalcanti