firefox vs epiphany

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 15:09:52 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-12-02 at 23:44 -0500, Michel Salim wrote:
> On 02/12/2007, Louis E Garcia II <louisg00 at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> > What is the reasoning for making firefox the default instead of epiphany
> > for the gnome desktop? Does epiphany lack certain features?
> >
> No one has brought it up, but as far as I know, mugshot (part of the
> upcoming GNOME Online Desktop)

Mugshot is a separate thing from the online desktop conceptually.  But
right now we do have some things in common packages and code.

> depends on Firefox.

We do have a Firefox extension for Mugshot (not related to the Online
Desktop), and have been doing some other Firefox related work, but these
are not strong dependencies.