TeXLive is in rawhide

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Mon Dec 3 20:29:27 UTC 2007

On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 05:27:02PM +0000, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> On 03/12/2007, Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I come with good news for TeX users in Fedora. TeXLive is now finally
> > imported and built in rawhide since today.
> >
> > Enjoy,
> > Jindrich
>
> Jindrich, many thanks for this, looking at the spec files, one can
> really appreciate what a monumental packaging feat this is.
>
> Is the plan to keep tetex in rawhide for a transitional period? Moving
> to TeXlive means some packaging renaming (did that tex-foo guideline
> ever get past the packaging committee?) and some adjusting of

Yes, the tex-foo naming is now the guideline. But I think that the
package renaming issue is orthogonal to the tex dependencies issues.

> BuildRequires and Requires. (and some Obsoletes and Provides too).

Texlive Provides and Obsoletes tetex, so it seems to me that, currently
requiring tetex is still right. Once/if the virtual provides, like TeX and
LaTeX are added (Jindrich was ok with that) it will become better to
switch to that provide, in my opinion, for new stuff, and make sure that
it is in RHEL 6 for EPEL.

--
Pat