Undoing ACLs (was Re: Dealing with PPC in Fedora 9(+))

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Wed Dec 5 15:34:00 UTC 2007

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 07:59:28AM -0500, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 12:00:49 +0000
>
> I still want there to be an ACL system for when a maintainer strongly
> feels that his/her package should be kept to a small commit list.
> However the vast majority would be just fine open, and would promote
> more of a help you neighbor attitude if ACLs weren't in the way.

At the same time, maybe it would be good if packagers, especially for
former core packages asked for co-maintainers when they don't have time
to really care of their packages. Otherwise opening ACLs may lead to
possible security issues for packages maintained by people that have
very little time.

That said, I am all for removing ACLs.

--
Pat