Planned change to xorg-x11-font-utils

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Dec 7 06:12:56 UTC 2007

Adam Jackson <ajackson <at> redhat.com> writes:
> I plan to drop bdftruncate from font-utils to get rid of the perl bloat,
> unless someone has a compelling reason not to.

What's the problem with depending on Perl? It's a useful scripting language,
used in a lot of packages, thus so many things require it that you'll be
hard-pressed to find a working system without Perl, especially an X11-enabled
one. For example, kdelibs requires Perl (it's used for things like
kconf_update), so any KDE system will always have Perl anyway.

        Kevin Kofler