about postfix.spec

Xavier Lamien laxathom at fedoraproject.org
Fri Dec 7 23:07:53 UTC 2007

2007/12/7, Nevruz Mesut Sahin <databasearia at yahoo.com>:

> now where can I find this file. I have doc. and it tells that I should
> change this file. Also if this is not a rpm system I would ask this to
> debian list becouse people in debian list more helpfull and expert. until
> now  people in fedora list just advised me to reed more doc. Also they did
> not refer any doc.

Well, as i said you don't read closer.
And we're here to be _helpfull_ as you say but you have in your hand to do a
minimum and ask right question
to have right answears and more help.
Why advised you ? because we're not here to do your job. you have to search
a bit to instead "wait and eat."
It's not with this kind of reply you'll need some help.

However,
you fedora Core 6 release is an RPM based system (sponsored by redhat). You
should now that at least.

The question you should ask is : "did the postfix installed package on
fedora core 6 has been installed with the configuration linked here
%your_link ?".

In this case i can tell you that the shipped postfix in Fedora release is
not configured with what you wanted to do.
the mySQL is defined to 0.

Another thing, the Fedora Core 6 is/or will not be supported (it'll set to
EOL).

Regards,

*Xavier Lamien <laxathom at fedoraproject.org>* wrote:

> 2007/12/7, Nevruz Mesut Sahin <databasearia at yahoo.com>:
> >
> > Dear friends My system is fedora core 6. Postfix version 2.4.5 was
> > installed defoult on the system. Now  I am trying to configure postfix
> > dovecot  with mysql support the documents tell that  there is
> > postfix.spec file in the /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/  but there is not such a
> > file to change  %define MYSQL 0  to %define MYSQL 1 but there is no such
> > a file do I need to create this file and write in it.
>

> hum...You should read closed your mysql docs.
> Also learn what is a spec file on RPM based system.
>
> However, you don't need to edit any .spec file to set up your postfix
> configuration.

> --
> Xavier.t Lamien
> --
> French Fedora Ambassador
> Fedora/EPEL Contributor      | http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/XavierLamien
> GPG-Key ID: F3903DEB
> Fingerprint: 0F2A 7A17 0F1B 82EE FCBF 1F51 76B7 A28D F390 3DEB --

Xavier.t Lamien