Severe X breakage heads up

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Sat Dec 8 05:38:49 UTC 2007

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 10:47:29 -0500, Adam Jackson <ajackson at redhat.com> wrote:

> http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/PciReworkHowto
>
> It's mostly mechanical, but there are some bits that may require actual
> understanding of PCI.  If you port a driver and get it working, either
> send me the patch or post it to xorg at lists.freedesktop.org and we'll get
> it merged.

I am having trouble with sis. The PCI stuff is easy, I've done it.
However, the driver has about half a dozen places with something like:

src/sis_dri.c:#if XORG_VERSION_CURRENT < XORG_VERSION_NUMERIC(6,7,99,1,0)

But this is nonsensual, because:

/usr/include/xorg/xorg-server.h:#define XORG_VERSION_CURRENT (((1) * 10000000) +
 ((4) * 100000) + ((0) * 1000) + 1)

It looks like the code expected major 7, but we define 1 in xorg-server.h.

How did that thing even build before the PCI rework? Even if it built,
the build enabled all the wrong options. What should be done?

xorg-x11-server-devel-1.4.99.1-0.10.fc9
libdrm-devel-2.4.0-0.1.fc9

-- Pete