mock 0.8.9

Michael E Brown Michael_E_Brown at dell.com
Sun Dec 9 05:34:55 UTC 2007

On Sun, Dec 09, 2007 at 12:13:33AM -0500, Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:
> > The --without option is not working.
> >
> > I think that
> >
> >   options.rpmmacros.append("_with_%s 0" % option)
> >
> > should be replaced for
> >
> >   options.rpmmacros.append("_without_%s 1" % option)
>
> What does the specfile look like?  I may have done something wrong
> with the options.  I read the macros and rpmpopt-4.4.2.2 files in
> /usr/lib/rpm to determine what they set when with or without was used
> and it seemed to me that when --without foo was passed, rpm defined
> _with_foo 0.  Is that not how it works?  (Mock's not actually passing
> the --with/--without options to rpmbuild.  It is writing the _with_foo
> in ~/.rpmmacros of the chroot, in case that matters.)

Paulo appears to be correct. I will queue up this patch for the next
release.

/usr/share/doc/rpm-4.4.2.2/conditionalbuilds
==================
The new options are implemented using popt to add aliases to the
existing rpm
options --define to specify macros from the command line. The magic
necessary
to add the new options is (from the file /usr/lib/rpm/rpmpopt*)
\verbatim
    rpmb        alias --with    --define "_with_!#:+       --with-!#:+"
    rpmb        alias --without --define "_without_!#:+
--without-!#:+"
\endverbatim

--
Michael