KDE-SIG weekly report (50/2007)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Dec 12 10:51:44 UTC 2007

Sebastian Vahl <ml <at> deadbabylon.de> writes:
> After thinking a bit about that I disagree now. Eg. extragear-multimedia
> contains also amarok, k3b and kplayer which are packaged as single
> applications a long time (and IMHO supposed to be single apps)

I'm not suggesting to ship these as part of extragear-multimedia, also because
they aren't really ready for KDE 4 yet (so we'll probably keep shipping the KDE
3 version) and AFAIK explicitly opted not to be included in the central
extragear releases.

> And also they are released as single tarballs (at least for 3.97.0):
> ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/3.97/src/extragear

That's a good argument for keeping them separate though.

        Kevin Kofler