RFC for Smolt features

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 00:30:10 UTC 2007

On Dec 14, 2007 5:10 PM, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmmm I would prefer a plugin technology because flipping booleans is
> not that hard.. and some people would prefer not to have XYZ Selinux,
> Shadow Password reporting items on their system at all. While some
> other organization might.

Both require root access.  Both publish the same data.  Both garner
the same criticism. Both require the same published privacy policy.

But plugins gain us the ability for an over eager client to send the
server something we're not prepared to deal with.  Plugins definitely
offer some potential, but then they have to be implemented on a server
level, either through forks, or some fundamental change to our
server's source code, because storing plugin related information means
changing the data model on a web based application.

But you're right, flipping booleans is not hard.  I'd rather people
were flipping booleans than flipping digits at us.

-Yaakov