texlive + tex4ht

Jindrich Novy jnovy at redhat.com
Sat Dec 15 08:57:28 UTC 2007

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 12:32:28PM -0800, Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
> Neal Becker wrote:
> > Is there a tex4ht package compatible with texlive on F8?
>
> No.  The texlive package in rawhide has had the errant tex4ht-related
> files stripped out, but Jindrich's F8 repo hasn't been updated with this.

Yes, the rawhide TeXLive doesn't conflict with tex4ht (#411501) any
more (version 2007-2 and on). I will only rarely update the F8
repository. I think you can still use:

yum update texlive texlive-latex --enablerepo=development

even on F8 to fix the tex4ht conflicts. There's also a possibility to
create a F8 texlive branch and to obsolete F8 tetex as well if there
would be an interest (and poppler-devel > 0.6.2-2 will occur in stable
F8 updates).

Jindrich

--
Jindrich Novy <jnovy at redhat.com>   http://people.redhat.com/jnovy/