Unable to get s-c-display up

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sun Dec 16 19:24:43 UTC 2007

Hi,

I'm currently restricted to 800x600 as s-c-d is having problems running
and manually editing xorg.conf is getting me no-where.

When I run s-c-display, I get the following

File "/usr/share/system-config-display/xconf.py", line 294, in <module>
vc = rhpxl.videocard.VideoCardInfo()
File "/usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/rhpxl/videocard.py", line 149,
in __init__
 elif rhpl.arch.getCanonArch() == "ppc64pseries":
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'arch'

I'm on an x86_64 box, using the nv driver and rawhide (updated today).

Any help appreciated.

xorg.conf file reads

# Xorg configuration created by system-config-display

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "single head configuration"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "kbd"
	Option	    "XkbModel" "pc105"
	Option	    "XkbLayout" "gb"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Videocard0"
	Driver      "nv"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier "Screen0"
	Device     "Videocard0"
	DefaultDepth     16
	SubSection "Display"
		Viewport  0 0
		Depth    16
		Modes	"1024x768"
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Viewport  0 0
		Depth    16
		Modes "800x600"
	EndSubSection
	SubSection "Display"
		Viewport   0 0
		Depth     16
	EndSubSection
EndSection

When I login, I get an error that the gnome-settings-daemon is unable to
start something which means some backgrounds, sounds etc may not work
and will restart next log in (which I get also on the next login!)

TTFN

Paul