how is pulseaudio supposed to work?

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 17:44:15 UTC 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 12:11 PM, Richi Plana <myfedora at richip.dhs.org> wrote:
> I think someone is assuming the wrong thing about why people use
> virtual, text-based consoles. I don't know about others, but the only
> reason I use VCs these days is when X won't work or something is hogging
> the system resources and I have to use a minimalistic shell to fix it.

In the world of today's über computers using the text console may not
be necessary, but I've had some pretty old computers, that took
forever to start up X.  Then running a terminal, even say urxvt with
font-smoothing was slow.  Sometimes we just want something simple, and
to have a way of supporting it.

Actually, i think doing the virtual consoles through X is a cool idea,
because you can do alot of very interesting things that way, but it's
always something to take into consideration, what use cases us edge
people have had.

-Yaakov