Wiki Migration

Stelian Iancu si at siancu.net
Mon Dec 17 23:32:32 UTC 2007

Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Dec 17, 2007 3:47 PM, Stelian Iancu <si at siancu.net> wrote:
>> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>> It would be possible. Are you willing to help in any way? Refer
>>>
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MyFedora
>>>
>>> Rahul
>>>
>> Looking at the URL above, that resembles a lot with a portal. Which
>> reminds me, has anybody thought about something Java based on the
>> backend? Something like JBoss and JBoss Portal. Given the fact that
>> RedHat owns now JBoss, I am sure that Fedora can find some expertise and
>> support "in-house".
>>

> I would like to say that you probably assume to much.. Red Hat is a
> big company and it doesn't mean everyone who works there falls under
> the Fedora umbrella. Not that they might not be interested.. but they
> have day and night jobs with their own part of the company... The
> general rule for any project with Fedora is DO NOT EXPECT RED HAT TO
> DO IT. Unless there is enough outside people willing to do 60% of the
> work.. its not going to happen or if it does happen it won't be
> maintained.
>
> I would say that an opensource JBoss website would first be needing a
> community outside of RH to build/test and champion it.

I didn't mean to say that Red Hat should do it. I only said that if some
advice or expertise is needed, I _think_ the folks from Red Hat (JBoss)
can help.

My question is, has anybody from the Fedora project considered this as
an alternative to the already existing system? If not, will they at
least consider it (assuming that somebody comes with a concrete plan,
but this will need, IMHO, intimate knowledge about the inner workings of
the project).

S.