how is pulseaudio supposed to work?

Linus Walleij triad at df.lth.se
Tue Dec 18 08:46:50 UTC 2007

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> Why are we seeing the same lame arguments again and again?

Now that's a bit rude. Lennart is pushing the limits for an advanced
Linux desktop/workstation with his work, and frankly I think it's worth
it, even if it messes with some server use cases a bit. Even if it means
Fedora userbase becomes a testbed for experiments that can be a bit
painful at times. Someone has to do it, it'd better be us, because I like
test-driving the future.

And I also think that is the reason RedHat desired to hire Lennart and
Bastien especially: these guys are really world leaders in some key
desktop technologies. RH officals could perhaps state their intentions
with backing desktop developers out loud so I don't have to guess..

Making sure everything works on server is IMHO one of the big reasons why
Debian cannot hold a release schedule and introduce new features quickly
enough, so these glitches are a side-effect of what makes Fedora great. I
for one can live with it.

Linus