nm-0.7 (final) release, schedule?

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Wed Dec 19 15:26:14 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 09:12 -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
> Per
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/networkmanager-list/2007-December/msg00294.html
> anyone have a notion of a nm-0.7 release schedule?
>
> If nm-0.7 is good enough to be included in fedora(8), it ought to be close
> to good enough for a formal release, no?
>
> Not having a release or a visible schedule has some bad side-effects,
> primarily (from my pov) that downstream-apps and distros don't use it yet.
>
> Of course, I'm asking out of selfishness, since a lack of release/schedule
> is the primary reason that kde4 (and knetworkmanager) doesn't yet support
> nm-0.7.
em

Why do you think asking here will give better results than asking
upstream ?

Anyway, the plan going into F9 was to get NM 0.7 out before the end of
the year. This may not quite work out that way, since a few things
(dialup support, multiple active devices, system settings) are not quite
done yet, but we are making progress, as far as I know.

Dan may be able to provide more details.

Matthias