PackageACLOpening and NewMaintainerContainment Re: Plan for tomorrows (20071220) FESCO meeting

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Thu Dec 20 15:54:15 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 16:50 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> I didn't say otherwise. I made the "I have something self-explaining
> that should be corrected without writing a proposal"-experience with
> another committee in Fedora-land ;-)

Since I'm assuming that you're talking about the FPC here, let me state
the reason why the FPC requires that all proposals be written up:

Because otherwise, we forget about them.

If they're written up on the wiki and added to our agenda list, then we
remember them and discuss them.

We don't even require any format. Just write it up, put it in the list.
If you can summarize the change in a single sentence, you can even just
add that to the agenda.

See:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Committee#GuidelineChangeProcedure

~spot

(ps. if you're not talking about the FPC, my apologies, just think of
this as a reminder for everyone on how to get issues on our radar)