Delays in package processing

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Thu Dec 20 19:09:25 UTC 2007

On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 16:05:48 +0000 (UTC), Kevin Kofler wrote:

> > And last but not least, do you like being
> > notified about system updates daily?
>
> I poll for updates several times a day using Synaptic, I'd be perfectly happy
> to get new updates at each poll.

Users in message boards and mailing-lists disagree and consider the
Fedora updates madness a poor joke.

> If the notifications are annoying, then just poll manually, that way you get
> updates only when you're ready for them. :-)

Which is what I do for some time, simply because there are too many
updates. I've disabled updates-testing, too, after the k3b incident pissed
me off. I've been almost successfully persuaded into switching my primary
machine to CentOS.