Delays in package processing

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Dec 21 09:12:43 UTC 2007

On 21.12.2007 09:46, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 10:19:48 -0900, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> [...]
> *I* believe we flood our users with too many rushed/untested updates. It
> feels more and more like a rolling release which is not too far away from
> Rawhide.

I think a kind of rolling release is something good -- especially as
hardware-support in Linux is not done by separate drivers (like on
Windows) and instead often bound to packages (like the linux kernel,
sane, or hpijs). Thus is we IMHO want new version of those packages in
the repo to support new hardware instead of forcing them to use rawhide
or waiting up to six month until the next release.

But On the other hand I agree that there are many rushed/untested updates.

CU
knurd