Hardware or software problem with touchpad?

Ola Thoresen redhat at olen.net
Fri Dec 21 09:26:34 UTC 2007

For the last week or so my mouse pointer has behaved like crazy.  This
is on a standard Compal "noname" laptop with a touchpad.  On my desktop
(dell something) with an USB-mouse everyting works fine.
Both are running rawhide, updated yesterday.

The touchpad works fine for 10-20 seconds, before the cursor starts
moving randomly up/down/left/right, clicking everything on its way.  It
only happens when I actually use the touchpad. So I can use tha laptop
with no problem as long as I dont need the mouse.
The issue is present with both gpm (console) and X (tested with GNOME
and KDE).

Before I post a bug (I searched bugzilla, but could not find anything
that looked familiar) I thought i'd just check if this is something
others might have experienced, or else it might really be a
hardware-problem.

Rgds.

Ola (T)

--