Fedora 8 review

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 00:27:07 UTC 2007

On 12/21/07, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 21, 2007 8:49 AM, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> wrote:
> > Valent Turkovic wrote:
> > > Hi, I listened to Linux Action Show and I really liked their review of
> > > Fedora 8. I believe that this is something Fedora users but also
> > > Fedora devels should listen.
> > >
> > > They give Fedora 8 a really hard but IMHO realistic review, so please
> > > listen to it.
> > >
> > > You can hear the clip with the review part of the podcast here:
> > > http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/index.php/archives/fedora-8-audio-review/
> > > http://www.archive.org/download/Fedora8ReviewlinuxActionShowEp067/Linuxactionshowep067-Fedora8Review.ogg
> > > http://www.archive.org/download/Fedora8ReviewlinuxActionShowEp067/Linuxactionshowep067-Fedora8Review_64kb.mp3
> > >
> > > or you can listen the whole podcast here:
> > > http://www.linuxactionshow.com/?p=158 (Ogg version)
> > > http://www.linuxactionshow.com/?p=157 (MP3 version)
> > >
> > > Valent.
> >
> > Any chance you can write up a good summary? Esp a list of points which
> > they say need improvement, and you agree with, and which we are actually
> > capable of improving (iow not support mp3 please, etc.).
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > Hans
>

> Just the negatives:

Well they didn't say only the negative things, because as they say
they still love and use fedora. You should really listen to this part
of the podcast (20 minutes)

>  * well they didn't seem to like the Gnome theme at all
>  * they kept making references to "Win2k" and "XP"

I totally agree with them regarding Fedora 8 graphics look, and the
wallpaper. No matter what you say but users judge desktops on how they
look. You could argue with Fedora 7 looks vs Fedora Core 6 looks if
you like one more that the other regarding your personal taste, but
Fedora 8 wallpaper and complete look it really beneath the previously
high quality standards brought by FC6 and F7.

When I first saw F8 infnity theme on some wiki or a blog I looked at
it and thought to myself "Not bad first attempt" because it looked
only as someones first attempt which was obvious that wouldn't pass
quality check... But I was suprise when I booted F8 for the first time
and saw the same wallpaper, I was really shocked...

Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic