Firefox 3 Beta 2 in Rawhide

Braden McDaniel braden at endoframe.com
Sat Dec 22 04:43:33 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 09:22 +0100, Martin Stransky wrote:

[snip]

> If you're a package maintainer and your package already uses xulrunner,
> please rebuild it against the new rawhide version. Xulrunner directory
> has been changed and many gecko packages (if not all) are linked with
> --rpath linker directive. As long as rpath is used you have to rebuild
> gecko-libs based packages after each xulrunner change so please consider
> to remove it. Gecko libraries are registered system wide by
> /etc/ld.so.conf.d and rpath should not be necessary in rawhide.

But isn't it the case that the libraries in question do not have
soversions?

If the rpath is eliminated, how do we know when things really *do* need
to break?

--
Braden McDaniel                           e-mail: <braden at endoframe.com>
<http://endoframe.com>                    Jabber: <braden at jabber.org>