kernels won't boot

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Sat Dec 22 13:28:48 UTC 2007

On Saturday 22 December 2007 07:16:32 Build System wrote:
> kernel-2.6.24-0.123.rc6.fc9
> ---------------------------
> * Fri Dec 21 2007 David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at redhat.com>
> - Disable CONFIG_PS3_USE_LPAR_ADDR to fix PS3 memory probing
>
> * Fri Dec 21 2007 John W. Linville <linville at redhat.com>
> - Yet another round of wireless updates...
>
> * Thu Dec 20 2007 Kyle McMartin <kmcmartin at redhat.com>
> - 2.6.24-rc6

After build 81, I have not been able to boot any of the x86_64 rawhide
kernels. They all end with:

Trying to resume from /sys/block/sda/sda3
Unable to access resume device (/sys/block/sda/sda3)
Creating root device
Mounting root filesystem
mount: could not find '/dev/root'
Setting up other filesystems
Setting up new root fs
setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory
no fstab.sys, mounting internal defaults
setuproot: error mounting /proc: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /sys: No such file or directory
Switching to new root and running init
unmounting old /dev
unmounting old /proc
unmounting old /sys
switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory
Booting has failed.

Rebooting into trusty old 2.6.24-0.81.rc4.git7.fc9 works fine. Are other
people running into this?

-Steve