Filezilla for EPEL

KH KH kwizart at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 21:54:31 UTC 2007

2007/12/23, Frank Büttner <frank-buettner at gmx.net>:
> Hello,
> can filezilla be released for EPEL?
Hello
No, unless the requested BuildRequirement can be provided. (needs wxGTK 2.8.x)
Actually even rawhide cannot provides the necessary BuildRequirement
for the last FileZilla. (3.0.4 - needs wxGTK 2.8.6) so I've backported
some patches so we can build the last 3.0.2.1 (needs wxGTK 2.8.3) with
theses additional patches...

As soon as it will be possible, I will request a EPEL-5 branch for
FileZilla. But i would say, it does not make sense for now.
Alternatively, it could be possible to build it with a statically
compiled wxGTK...

I will check further next week...

Nicolas (kwizart )