Broken deps in the stable release are not acceptable

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Dec 28 20:11:54 UTC 2007

On Fri, 28 Dec 2007 21:06:10 +0100
Lubomir Kundrak <lkundrak at redhat.com> wrote:

> What strikes me here is that we don't have a tooling that would avoid
> this. Maybe ti wouldn't be so hard to hook some scripts to bodhi that
> won't let a package out if it causes a dependency to be unsatisfiable
> or it itself have an unmet dependency.

The problem continues to be the time it takes to calculate that,
particularly when you have to generate multilib sets to ensure you
don't break anything in the multilib set.  Luke has been working off
and on on doing depchecking at some points of a bodhi push cycle, but
it's a tough problem to solve.

--
Jesse Keating