Putting K3b back onto the DVDs?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Dec 29 03:17:27 UTC 2007

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 00:26:20 +0000 (UTC)
Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:

> Jesse Keating <jkeating <at> redhat.com> writes:
> > I care when it looks like ass compared to the other apps I have
> > open,
>
> That's what Bluecurve is for. ;-)

Except I don't like bluecurve as much anymore (:

> We'd love having a Nodoka theme available for KDE too, but we're
> fairly busy already, so there isn't one yet. (We just didn't have the
> time to work on one.) Thus Bluecurve (and Quarticurve for Qt 4) is
> the best we can offer for a unified look.
>
> I also disagree with the assertion that Plastik "looks like ass". ;-)
> It just looks different (and that's the main problem we have to
> solve, I think moving away from Bluecurve was a mistake).

The "look like ass" wasn't that Plastik looks bad, it just doesn't
match, therefor it makes the entire experience look like ass because
it's mismatched.

> > doesn't use my font settings,
>
> I agree our community (especially the upstream projects) needs to
> work on not having to set up everything twice though. (But setting
> the fonts the same way in both environments is possible, of course.)
>
> > doesn't use the same file selector
>
> That's because it uses a better one. ;-)
>
> More seriously, there are solutions being worked on for the standard
> dialog (especially file selector) issue at freedesktop.org and
> elsewhere, unfortunately nothing which got widespread adoption
> yet. :-(
>
> But surely having to write every single application twice, once with
> each toolkit, is not the real solution!
>
>         Kevin Kofler (comaintaining KDE as well as the GTK+-based
> XChat and using XChat on KDE all the time)
>
> PS: All this is not a reason not to offer K3b as an option on the
> DVD. I'm not asking for it to be installed by default, just to be
> there!

I'm not disagreeing with offering it on the DVD, in fact, I thought it
was due to comps settings.  If it isn't set in comps, I'll add it to
the manifest so that it'll be there optionally.

--
Jesse Keating