Help with packaging tmispell-voikko (Ispell compatible Finnish spellchecking )

Ville-Pekka Vainio vpivaini at cs.helsinki.fi
Sat Dec 29 10:28:11 UTC 2007

Kevin Kofler kirjoitti:
> For the legacy KSpell interface which uses command-line spellcheckers, we
> could just add support for tmispell like I added support for hunspell:
> http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/rpms/kdelibs3/devel/kdelibs-3.5.8-kspe
>ll-hunspell.patch?rev=1.1&view=markup As you can see from the above patch,
> it isn't that hard to patch in support for an additional executable

OK, this sounds good. What should I do with the fake dictionary files then,
see <http://vpv.fedorapeople.org/packages/README.tmispell-voikko>. Basically
the README says to do "touch /usr/lib/ispell/suomi.{hash,aff}" to fake ispell
compatible programs to see that there is Finnish spell checking available.

If I add these files, the current KDE in F-8 will see them and show Finnish as
an ispell language, but of course it won't work, if /usr/bin/ispell is not a
link to /usr/bin/tmispell.

Could you hack rawhide's KSpell so that it would see if tmispell is available
and then offer Finnish spell checking, without any fake dictionary files? If
this was possible, then I could package tmispell similarly for all branches,
basically as a command line application without any dictionary hacks.

--
Ville-Pekka Vainio