Getting GNOME settings applied for GNOME apps in KDE sessions

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sun Dec 30 15:21:07 UTC 2007

On Sunday 30 December 2007, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Oops, I wrote:
> > install our gtk-qt-engine theme to get it.
>
> I actually meant "install our gtk-qt-engine _package_".

Ok, that looks useful, but helps only for a subset of the issues.  For
example, it doesn't help with broken gnome-control-center icons.

Even so, I think having it installed by default in KDE setups could be an
improvement (no new deps caused as at least zenity which is there by default
already pulls in gtk stuff).  comps-f9 patch attached.

On the other hand, a running gnome-settings-daemon appears to override
gtk-qt-engine's settings so that they have no effect.  So if there's going to
be a change so that KDE will launch gnome-settings-daemon at session startup,
there doesn't seem to be point in having gtk-qt-engine installed by default
any more.