Re: F7 KDE spin

On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 10:56:10PM -0500, Warren Togami wrote:

> Which MIME system does it use?
>
> Is this an upstream freedesktop.org standard?
>
> Has both GNOME and KDE accepted xdg-open?

It is a simple script. It detects the desktop and runs the gnome, kde or
xfce command apropriately to open a file. If gnome, kde or xfce aren't
running, it tries mimeopen (a perl desktop agnostic script that follows
the freedesktop standarrd) if installed, and then uses what is in BROWSER
falling back to firefox (if I recall well).

--
Pat