FC7T1 and Bugzilla product / version

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat Feb 3 21:48:15 UTC 2007

On Saturday 03 February 2007 16:42, Will Woods wrote:
> Hah! Yes, I suppose that most exellent joy is mine.
>
> So, we're keeping 'fc7' for the %dist tag (the .fc7 bit in package
> names) because it would cause problems with RPM name sorting if we
> changed that. But I don't think there's any tools that really require
> the bugzilla version for Fedora [Core|Extras|whatever] to start with
> 'fc'.
>
> Can anyone see any other downside to using 'f7testX' instead of
> 'fc7testX'?

I don't.  More interestingly, is there value in having a test1 version instead
of just defaulting to devel during the development process?  We wind up with
a ton of bugs in both anyway, why double our search efforts?  What compelling
reasons do we have for pooping out new versions to file bugs against for each
test release, when we most likely want each bug reporter to update to latest
rawhide and try it again?

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora