Re: Default MTA for Fedora 7

Once upon a time, Eric Wood <eric interplas com> said:
> The bigger issues is to why so many package have "sendmail", "postfix",
> or "exim" hardcoded in their binaries.  A simple 'strings' command can
> tell us what package have these potential system calls embedded in their
> binaries:

I expect that most everything you found matching sendmail is calling
/usr/sbin/sendmail (or archaic /usr/lib/sendmail).  This is the Unix
"standard" for a local message submission program, good or bad.  That's
why on Fedora /usr/sbin/sendmail is handled with alternatives; pretty
much every replacement mailer supplies a basic /usr/sbin/sendmail that
can accept messages the same way.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams hiwaay net>