New new package process SUCKS! (read please)

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Mon Feb 5 16:50:10 UTC 2007

On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 17:19:20 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just went through my first new package under the new process (aka
> package no 100, so I'm experienced in this). The mail below may seem
> flamebate but it is mean't very seriously, so please take it seriously.

What?!

Do you say there is a new process also for Extras package submissions and
not just for the Merge reviews?

How many lists do contributors have to follow these days? I've seen a
huge "RFC" thread on maintainers-list, but no official announcement of a
change in policies or processes.

> And the new process SUCKS!

The mails that come in via fedora-package-review list confuse my a lot,
but so far I haven't found the time to look into any new package review
process, so my comment ends here.