Re: Default MTA for Fedora 7

tir, 06 02 2007 kl. 09:15 -0500, skrev Matthew Miller:
> On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 09:04:58PM -0600, Chris Adams wrote:
> > That's because people get flamed to a crisp when they even suggest
> > sendmail.  I still use it on almost all of my servers.
>
> sendmail can do things no other MTA can. Period.
>
> 99.44% of people do not need those things, but the remainder _really_ needs
> them.

Should we let the needs of less than 1% of users dictate such decisions,
especially when:

a) Sendmail is not exactly known for being easy to setup
b) That less than 1% of people would be more that capable of removing
say exim and install sendmail.

- David

--
"Ridicule is the only weapon that can be used against unintelligible
propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them.”