Re: Default MTA for Fedora 7

tir, 06 02 2007 kl. 18:26 +0100, skrev Davide Bolcioni:
> On Tuesday 06 February 2007 4:02:21 pm Richard Hughes wrote:
>
> > Surely the default should be not to include an MTA, I'm guessing a large
> > majority of people never one it anyway (myself included).
>
> If my memory serves me correctly, an MTA is a requirement spelled out in RFC
> 1123. Having a Unix host without an MTA would surely be surprising, desktop
> use or not.

RFC 1123: Requirements for Internet Hosts -- Application and Support

Would a desktop technically fall into that catagory. Not to mention the
same RFC talks of telnet - want telnet by default? old, crufty, insecure
- pick any 3.

- David Nielsen

--
"Ridicule is the only weapon that can be used against unintelligible
propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them.”