Re: Default MTA for Fedora 7

MM> On Mon, Feb 05, 2007 at 09:04:58PM -0600, Chris Adams wrote:
>> That's because people get flamed to a crisp when they even suggest
>> sendmail. I still use it on almost all of my servers.

MM> sendmail can do things no other MTA can. Period.

MM> 99.44% of people do not need those things, but the remainder
MM> _really_ needs them.

Is there really anything useful left which exim can't do? UUCP bang
paths are the only limitation I can think of off the cuff, and
hopefully noone uses those. Exim can do UUCP with domain addressing
though, if anyone still uses UUCP.

Yes, I have a few sites that require it.... but then I also know how
to 'yum install sendmail' too, as I'm sure just about everyone who
uses UUCP does, or else compiles sendmail themsleves.

Peter