Default MTA for Fedora 7

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Feb 6 22:47:53 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 16:21 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > > milter?
> > Which one?
>
> Any arbitrary existing one. That's the point.

Yet you don't seem to be able to _specify_ one which we might actually
want to run; one which provides functionality that Exim can't already
manage for itself. Thus the point seems rather contrived. You might as
well claim "Exim cannot obey sendmail master.cf", as if _that_ means
something real. It wasn't what I was asking.

Sendmail and Postfix can't run Exim's dynamically loadable local_scan or
expansion functions either. I wasn't disingenuous enough to list those
as examples of what Postfix cannot do -- I gave real-world examples of
actualy things I do with Exim which I'm led to believe postfix isn't
capable of.

Are you able to do the same, to back up your claim that sendmail can do
real things that Exim cannot? I think we've conceded UUCP already,
without much regret. Got anything we might care about?

--
dwmw2