Re: Smolt: Fedora Hardware Profiler

On 2/7/07, seth vidal <skvidal linux duke edu> wrote:
On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 12:06 -0500, Adrian Likins wrote:

> In the local use case, it might be nice to add something like tracking
> package installs as well (hmm, that sounds familiar for some reason...).
> Ditto the kickstart, install log, etc.
>
> It could also be useful to send up the type of info found in sysreport.
> I think someone even started writing a module python based one at one
> point.

I ran this by a few folks at my office. They suggested:

- packages installed
- services chkconfig'd on
- daemons running

which all seemed like good ideas in the local use case.

Cool, so I've got a few more things to harden in the public view.
After that we can extend smolt and smoon (the local smolt) to do those
things probably without many problems.  I'm having a heck of a time
getting the python dbus bindings to do what I want.

            -Mike