Re: Is there a NFS alternative?

There is another alternative I use that doesn't require switching filesystems. OpenVPN (http://openvpn.net/). I can hook in from anywhere (It needs a single port open in your firewall and supports either UDP or TCP. This way you can keep from opening up ports to the outside and and allow access only through the VPN interface. NFS runs quite well for me over it as packets are just routed and it took me about 10 minutes to set up a server, generate keys and set up a client, never having done this before.

-Tim

    He asked *is* there an alternative, so I listed an alternative.