Announcing LHCP - Linux Hardware Compatibility Project

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Feb 9 07:59:56 UTC 2007

On 30.01.2007 18:22, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Phil Knirsch schrieb:
>> We've recently started working on a project called Linux Hardware
>> Compatibility
>> Project or in short LHCP.
> Nice. But well: It sound like yet-another-hardware-compatibility-list to
> me. Thus I'm wondering: Don't we have enough of those already? You link
> to several yourself on
> https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/LHCP/wiki/Links
> So why yet another approach? Why not co-operate with one of those? Or
> wait, let's do it even better: Try to work together with all of those
> those and solve the problem once and for all *properly* and in a general
> way? Read that as: cooperate with at least Novell/Opensuse, Debian and
> Ubuntu and maybe get OSDL ^w TLF on board (from the start of). [...]

Seems I didn't get much replies on this besides the post from Aurelien. :-(

Anyway, there is yet a new effort out there that tries to solve the "is
my hardware compatible to my operating system/linux" problem. And it not
even tries to be cross-distribution, it tries it to solve it this
problem for all major Operating Systems:
http://www.compatdb.org/

[...]
The CompatDB.org project is an attempt to create a free (as in the
freedom) standard for user submitted compatibility lists as well free
compatibility lists for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS.
[...]
The following operating systems are currently supported by CompatDB.org:
[...]
Linux: [...] Fedora Core [...]
[...]

CU