Re: Wakeup alarm?

On Monday 12 February 2007 10:32, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> Anaconda can tell when this is not applicable, for example if it runs
> off of a DVD installation.  Then this post-depcheck prompt is nothing
> but a waste of time.

Due to a composing logic flaw in past releases, it was not possible to
distinguish between CD media and DVD media.  The same repodata was used.
I'll be fixing that in pungi so that we can tell when we're on DVD vs CD,
however since people want the monster spin of doom, we'll need to actually
split across multiple DVDs so the problem is back.

> Even if this prompting were applicable (for CD installs), is there
> data to support the intuition that the problem (not enough CDs
> downloaded) occurs frequently enough to justify the time waste imposed
> on those who do not make that mistake?

I go through this often enough.  I burn one or 2 out of the 5, do some package
selection, realize I have too much, go back and trim it down a bit.

I'm just stating why the check is there.  Whether or not it should go away, I
don't have a strong argument for either, I'm just stating why it is there
now.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora