/tmp filling up

Has anyone else experienced their /tmp directory filling up with
tmpXXXXXX.tmp files? It reliably occurs on two separate installs of F7
I've done after several hours of usage, entirely filling up the
partition (how I wished I'd put /tmp on a separate partition).

Incidentally, what's the rule determining when the space reclaimed by
deleting a file on a full partition is actually made available?
Restarting does the trick, and sometimes logging out works as well.

--
Michel Salim
http://hircus.wordpress.com/

My theology, briefly, is that the universe was dictated but not signed.
               -- Christopher Morley