Re: /tmp filling up

On 2/13/07, Michel Salim <michel salim gmail com> wrote:
Has anyone else experienced their /tmp directory filling up with
tmpXXXXXX.tmp files? It reliably occurs on two separate installs of F7
I've done after several hours of usage, entirely filling up the
partition (how I wished I'd put /tmp on a separate partition).

Incidentally, what's the rule determining when the space reclaimed by
deleting a file on a full partition is actually made available?
Restarting does the trick, and sometimes logging out works as well.

--
Michel Salim
Yeah, I've seen this. I've tried to track this down without success.

The files seem to be copies of files: various modification times,
various types, various sizes. Hasn't been taking up much space on my
system though.....

tom
--
Tom London