Smolt: firsboot revisited

David Nielsen david at lovesunix.net
Thu Feb 15 07:36:31 UTC 2007

ons, 14 02 2007 kl. 11:08 -0600, skrev Josh Boyer:
> On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 12:00 -0500, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > On Wednesday 14 February 2007 11:59, Mike McGrath wrote:
> > > So smolt is still setup in firstboot and still is opt in.  My question
> > > is do we want to install smolt as part of a default configuration with
> > > F7.  My vote is yes.
> >
> > I vote yes too, but I want to see other votes before I just do it (:
>
> For which spins?  Desktop, Server, and KDE?  I would say sure.  You'd
> have to ask the KDE spin guys though.  And I don't think it should be
> functional on the LiveCD really...

It might be useful to have it available. I often boot a LiveCD on
friends machines to see if the hardware is generally supported. It would
be helpful to have a nice little frontend to tell the stats page "This
is the liveCD, all this hardware works" (ands maybe even flag something
as problematic).

I de realise this is more a LCHD (or whatever that larger database is
called - honestly it needs a sexier name).

- David

--
"Ridicule is the only weapon that can be used against unintelligible
propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them.”