Smolt: firsboot revisited

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Thu Feb 15 13:13:55 UTC 2007

Once upon a time Thursday 15 February 2007, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-02-15 at 06:46 -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> > >
> > > i.e. they have the IP, they have a "machine-id", and they have
> > > information which is not publicly available elsewhere.
> >
> > we have no way to tie a UUID to an IP  web log information is publicliy
> > available.  as is the ability for me to look up your ip  via mail headers
> > in mail you send.  but i still cant tell what machine is yours if you
> > choose to send in a profile.
>
> You can, if you want to, it's all under your control.
How?

> >   they only way i could know that would be if you
> > personally gave me your uuid
> >
> > Stop spreading FUD
>
> Give me one reason why I should trust you more than anybody else.

Since your contining to be unreasonable and overly paranoid i dont think
anything i say or do will have you trust me.  but then  how can you trust
anything anyone does?  you really shouldn't use a computer   someone at some
stage may have set  up something to gather your data.  oh  mail headers, http
headers.,  What smolt collects is less personally identifiable than those.

Dennis